Triton Shower Problem.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My aunt has a Triton Rapide2 Power Shower which is currently giving her some problems. The shower is discharging a lot of water from a clear tube which comes from the unit rather than from the shower head itself. If you put your finger over the clear tube then the water pressure increases from the shower head but reduces as soon as you remove your finger. I have isolated and removed the cover unit and can see no obvious signs of problems. The water is hot, i can see no blockages. I assume the water is comming from the heating element inside the unit which is attached to the clear tube. Any help or info would be greatly appreciated .

Sponsored Links
the prd has activated.
needs a new prd fitting.
you must sort what caused it first useally a blocked showerhead or the hose twisted inside, or it will just blow again.

i had an inkling it was something to do with the pressure relief device that was causing it. Apparently her son had bought a new shower head for it last week but she was complaining it wasnt very good and so they have a new one and hence the problems. So the new shower head is restricting the flow enough to trigger the prd , and these are not resetable :(. ok seco thank you very much for you help on this.

Btw any have a manual for this shower plz, she cannot seem to locate it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back