triton shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I have a Triton Ivory 11. Recently I have lost water pressure, it's fine on cold but hot the flow is nowhere near as strong as it used to be. I have changed the head and pipe.
I would aprreciate any help, if replies could be in plain English all the better. :LOL: Thnx Anet.

Sponsored Links
where the inlet water pipe joins the shower.
you have isolate the mains water and disconnect the inlet from the shower.

Sponsored Links
thnx will give that a try this weekend hoefully, got a broken wrist at mo., so opefully bit better by then :confused:

got the cover off and it looks very scarey :rolleyes: not sure where to start lol

If you call someone in, you are better off fitting a new shower.

If you phone the shower maker they can tell you what shower will fit on the same foot print of what you already have.

For someone to come in and remove your shower to clean out the filter, which might not work. For the same price they could fit you a new one. (Which you supply)

Andy

thnx Andy, think i mite just struggle along for a while, lol. :LOL:

If you call someone in, you are better off fitting a new shower.

For someone to come in and remove your shower to clean out the filter, which might not work. For the same price they could fit you a new one. (Which you supply)

what a load of old pony.
might be if you call someone in who hasn't a clue about electric showers.

most electric showers faults can be diagnosed in under 15 mins.

If you remove a triton you should put it in the bin and replace with any other make than triton.

It's not a 'load of old pony' Seco Services. If you call out someone to diagnose and repair the shower, and lets say it does only take them 15 minutes to diagnose it, they would charge you for an hour for that 15 minutes, they would not have the parts needed to repair the shower immediately so parts would have to be ordered.

This would incur a second visit and second hourly rate so you would end up paying two hours labour (at least) plus parts which will only get your old shower fixed with no guarantee that it would last any great length of time.

Whereas, if you purchase the shower yourself before hand and then only pay someone to fit it you would have a brand new shower, with guarantee, for only one hours labour so it would be more cost effective.

Old pony........? You're talking horse and trap.

Andy

seco services";p=" said:
nought wrong with tritons.

let me see,where to begin.

One in partcular product has been the bane of my life for the last 4 month,fitted 120 and literally 100% have failed.I've replaced them all,modified everyone with an approved mod and they still fail.this product is now on a 100%qc check before it leaves the factory and when their own manager came to fit one Friday it failed through a manufacturing defect.

Don't even mention their field engineers.

now now guys, don't argue. Before I do anything I need a wrench. :LOL:

It's not a 'load of old pony' Seco Services. If you call out someone to diagnose and repair the shower, and lets say it does only take them 15 minutes to diagnose it, they would charge you for an hour for that 15 minutes, they would not have the parts needed to repair the shower immediately so parts would have to be ordered.

yes
This would incur a second visit and second hourly rate so you would end up paying two hours labour (at least) plus parts which will only get your old shower fixed with no guarantee that it would last any great length of time.

you either fix the shower on a fixed rate diagnose/fix plus parts or the customer may as well go straight to triton etc as their fee is only £90 + parts how ever many visits they do.
if you can't compete with that don't do showers.

Whereas, if you purchase the shower yourself before hand and then only pay someone to fit it you would have a brand new shower, with guarantee, for only one hours labour so it would be more cost effective.

the average shower can be repaired for under £100
you won't even get a descent shower for under £150.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back