triton t80s1 shower advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello all. my triton t80si shower stopped working, the pull cord switch red button is on, so there is power but when i press the on button on the shower unit, nothing happens and there is no noise or water coming out.

any advice will be great before i look at replacing it.

cheers

Sponsored Links
hi. there is no led light built into this unit, it only has a large button to turn on and off.

cheers

Sponsored Links
hi. sorry, my mistake. there is a power light on the top of the unit and it does
light up when i put the power on with the pullcord. also, just to confirm it is a t80si. cheers

can get hold of a multimeter, what should i be checking for?

With mains power off check resistance on solenoid coil. Should be 3.4kohms or above.

If no reading coils knackered.
If good reading then you need to turn shower on at pullcord and button and test for 230v at solenoid coil.

Let me know what readings you get.

And be careful if you test solenoid when shower on.

blue_colar_11.gif

thank you very much, i will check in the weekend and post back. cheers

hello. i have now replaced the solenoid assembly with a new one and checked t.c.o with a multimeter and that is ok, but the shower still does not work. the neon light still comes on when i turn the power on but no water.

anything else i should check or scrap the shower?

cheers

hi. forgot to do that check, just done it and i am not getting 230v with the power and button on, i did check the mains cable to the unit and that is showing 230.

So it's more likely your on/off button faulty.

If you isolate the mains power at pullcord
Disconnect the on/off button multi plug and with the multi plug end in the shower bridge the 2 pins with a piece of wire and try with pullcord.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back