Troublesome Potterton Superma + BoilerMate II

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've had major problems with my CH (and HW ) and have spent on £160 to get not very far. To cut a long story short system has been drained,cleaned and filled again. The problem I have now is

1) The boiler won't fire for any more than 2 mins before telling me that it's reached temperature & going to standby. It promptly fires up 5 mins later for another 2 mins - repeat process ALL NIGHT LONG !!!!

2) It's REALLY noisy now. I keep thinking it's air but I don't know how to get it out, having ran the pumps on full for 48 hrs, bleed the rads till gallons of water came out and blasted both drain valves I have (one at the start and one at the boiler's return leg entrance) in a bid to force the air around.

Any ideas how I can remove the air ? does my boiler sound goosed ? Will I ever get warm ?

Sponsored Links
I've bleed the two pumps that situated next to the tank - the heating flow pump and the one that is on the return back to the boiler. I did this by turning the screw in the middle till liquid come through - Still no joy though, really clunky to the point I think my pipes are coming off the wall & my boiler is going to explode. I loathe to blast any more water through the drain vents as this will introduce new aerated water & I'm making it worse or is this thinking wrong ?

Can I bleed a boiler ? Is this a job for a professional ? Or have I just asked a really stupid question ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back