TRV flow or return

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi a friend of mine has just had a new central heating system put in and the installer has put the trv's on the flow side of the radiator is this ok i thought it was better to put them on the return side of the radiator.

Sponsored Links
Depends on the make - most ones nowadays are fine on either the flow or the return.

old non bi directional were better on the flow.still say its good practice to put new ones on the flow, but many installers these days dont bother due to installation time.

also the condensate pipe they put in was plastic waste pipe not barrier pipe is this ok.

Sponsored Links
well they connected the boiler to the mains via a three pin plug and socket in the kitchen i know this is not right and it just looks a sloppy job with plastic pipe running down the walls from upstairs ,no room thermostat and my friend said they seemed to be in a unnatural hurry to get the job done.[/list]

was this the cheapest quote by any chance.if you mean they droped the pipework to the rads in plastic i would say thats very sloppy.some cheap boilers come with plugs on e.g ferolli optimax.

well they connected the boiler to the mains via a three pin plug and socket in the kitchen

It's not best practice but it is acceptable, only recommendation for that setup is for the socket to be unswitched.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back