TRV help!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all I'm new to the forum but have got lots of info from it! I think it's time to renew my TRVs. They've been here since I moved in 8 years ago and some look broken. I've had them all off and the pins are fine. My main problem was one radiator not heating properly. I shut off all the others and turned the heating on and now it's red hot so hopefully it's fixed ?!

Any help on if the radiator is now fixed would be great. But also can I buy new tvr heads and just fit them on? They are danfoss ones throughout the house although not sure which model. Also I know people will suggest changing the valves as well but I wouldn't know how to!

If anyone can tell me how to post a photo I'll get one of the TRV

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
if the suspect rad goes cold again when you open the others up then it is most likely a balancing issue, how many replacement sensor heads do you need for the existing TRVs ?

if the suspect rad goes cold again when you open the others up then it is most likely a balancing issue, how many replacement sensor heads do you need for the existing TRVs ?

Any idea the model number of the ones to replace with and the model number of the ones I have?

I have been advised by danfoss I need the danfoss 013G604000 to replace my trvs. Does anyone know where's best to get these or if any other makes would be an alternative ?

Seems like a lot of expense and hassle if they are doing their job. Why do they look broken?

You probably need to balance the rads by restricting to flow to the others in the house by progressively closing the valves at the other ends until water begins to flow to the non-working one.

They're very grubby covered in paint etc. at least one has the dark piece on the top missing. When I turned every other radiator in the house off the one that doesn't heat properly was really warm

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back