TRV missing head and odd size

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone advise on the brand of TRV head that I would need for this value. Moved into a house with two radiators missing TRV heads, and they seem to be a different size/shape to all other TRVs that I have.

From the images can anyone recommend suggested TRV head that may fit.

Thanks

David
Value_TRV 1.jpg
Value_TRV 2.jpg
Value_TRV 3.jpg

Sponsored Links
Looks like a drayton trv3 the sensor threaded diameter will be 27mm ish.Conversion sensors are available but costly (n)

Or its an early trv4 with 30mm ish sensor threaded diameter,sensor heads are readily available.

ianmcd has the idea :idea:.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links
Here’s my Drayton TRV4. My plastic head snapped last week so I bought a new valve complete but I’m lazy and just changed the head. Thought I’d save the body in case any of the others start leaking. Cost me £20. Easy to change the whole thing though.

F70F910C-83E8-4C87-A0E9-4ECE448D6BC7.jpeg
A3DB86E6-4533-4166-A988-891F2F367564.jpeg

Strangely though, yours and the OP's one shows flow only one way yet all mine have a slightly different body and can flow either way.

They are old versions where the flow through the radiator has to follow the arrow,if they are fitted incorrectly they will vibrate when the sensor is closing off the trv.

maybe the Op's trv heads have been removed due to vibration :idea: who knows.

Strangely though, yours and the OP's one shows flow only one way yet all mine have a slightly different body and can flow either way.
newer valves claim to be Bi-directional, the older valves were flow sensitive and as already advised caused a noise nuisance when installed wrongly, so could very well be the reason that the sensor was removed

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back