TRV not working properly

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have Bulldog TRV's on all my rads which are decent quality. The trouble is they are not consistent. I have one set in the front room to come on at number 1 setting to keep it ticking over but it always seems to come on despite it being warm enough in there. Even at the frost setting it comes on here and there. And yet the one in the bedroom was set to 1 and it stayed off.

Also, a heating expert came to advise on saving money (from company that government employ to give grants for insulation etc) and he told me to have all rads set at 5 as it won't make a difference on saving because I don't have a room stat (combi boiler is Heatline and can't have one fitted)

Is there a setting I can check for the TRV ?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
I have Bulldog TRV's on all my rads which are decent quality. The trouble is they are not consistent.

You've contradicted yourself - you say they're decent quality (I'd say they're average at best) and then say they're inconsistent. I'd say you've got cheap valves with slow-acting wax sensors and are now discovering how cheap valves behave. You could try swapping the heads between the two rooms that are set to 1 and see what the effect is...

Your heating expert is talking out of his arris, as is the person who told you you can't have a roomstat with your boiler

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back