TRV Questions

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My system is about 7 years old 11 rads with a hall thermostat and a system boiler with unvented cylinder - No TRV's though and all the existing screw valves are leaking when you swith them on and off

I wanna fit TRV's, Can i remove the old olive off the 10mm pipe without damage to the pipe cos theres not much to play with. thinking of going for drayton TRV4's

also when i fit new TRV's will i have to balance them with the exsisting lockshield

When refilling the system what kind of inhibitor do i use and whats the best way to apply it.

I would like a combi eventually, is it worth ripping out my unvented cylinder to gain a combi

Sponsored Links
I wanna fit TRV's, Can i remove the old olive off the 10mm pipe without damage to the pipe cos theres not much to play with. thinking of going for drayton TRV4's

depends how tight they are

also when i fit new TRV's will i have to balance them with the exsisting lockshield

will need balancing if not all work

When refilling the system what kind of inhibitor do i use and whats the best way to apply it.

fernox protector concentrate install with mastic gun

I would like a combi eventually, is it worth ripping out my unvented cylinder to gain a combi

not in my opinion, especially if you have 2 or more bathrooms

fernox protector concentrate install with mastic gun

Thanks for the quick reply,

Do i apply the fernox protector through a radiator

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back