TRV reducer for 10mm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've bought some Danfoss RAS-D2s on ebay and they are supplied with 10mm & 8mm reducers. However these are one-piece brass items with a small groove in the middle of the bore, and a larger one on the outside. There appears no room for an olive (only 15mm supplied in any case) and copper pipe is quite a loose fit so I don't think it's end feed - it's also a big chunk of brass to heat up. Does this means it's for plastic? I looked at lots of vendors' websites and Danfoss's and this certainly was not clear. So now do I have to buy 15-10 reducers to get onto existing 10mm copper or am I missing something?

Sponsored Links
15mm compression nut goes on pipe, then brass olive type thingy, these are then pushed into bottom of TRV and nut tightened, the brass will "break" as it gets tight and it forms a good seal, ....great idea

Sponsored Links
You mean that the whole brass thing compresses? I must admit it has a chamfered end but I discounted the idea as it's so chunky. I suppose if later you have to alter the pipework in some way you just buy a 15-10 reducer.

Is there anything different you need to do to ensure a good seal? (I am happier with solder joints I must admit.)

And thanks for your speedy response...

Dont go over the top when tightening,10 mm copper is quite soft

When they "break" as said they dont need much more tightening

"One" piece reducers for compression

picture00061.jpg

picture00062.jpg

They actually work really well,I carry a few on my van and have never had one leak :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back