Trying to fit Danfoss RAS-C2 TRV's to 10mm Pipe work.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am trying to change my radiator valves for TRV and have brought some Danfoss RAS-C2 TRV's.

The size of pipework in my system is 10mm. The valves purchased are meant for 8/10mm pipes and have one 10mm brass adapter and one 8mm adapter. The adapter has a flat end that the 10mm copper pipe fits into and upto a lip. The other end of the adapter has 'coned'.

My problem is how do I connect it up!! Whatever I do the 10mm copper pipe is simply not tight in the valve. There are no olives and so I am at a loss as to where the compression side of this joint comes in.

Any help would be great.

Regards,
Jed.

Sponsored Links
the adaptor is the olive, you need to tighten it until it kind of shears off inside then tighten further. the first time you do it you will think you have broken it.

if you are not using the 8mm adaptors put one in the valve and tighten it up for a test.....this should make it obvious as to how it works. you wont damage the valve but the adaptor cant be used again.

Thanks for your help Nick. Have just tried it with the 8mm and it seems obvious now! Just out of interest - can you buy spare 'olives' for these values?

Regards, Jed.

yes they are regularly available wherever you can buy the valves.

by the way i hope its not too late to say you must make sure the end of the pipe you are connecting to is clean copper and straight......microbore pipe has a tendency to damage easy and the adaptor olives dont take kindly to poorly pipe.

Sponsored Links
Not to late and thank you for the advice. I will get a couple of spares before I commence the job just in case.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back