Trvs instead of roomstat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Wondering weather having trvs on all but one radiator for bypass would be ok on new combination boiler system and not using a roomstat would be alright.

Sponsored Links
Many new boilers have a bypass anyway, and not having a roomstat will mean that the boiler will never turn off when the whole house gets hot

No - there's nothing there to tell the boiler to turn off.

Sponsored Links
i dont mind stats at all but customer doesn't want one and i just wondererd weather it would be ok.

Stat is a safety device, if the boiler doesn't know the house is up to temp, it'll run until the programmer tells it to stop

TRV's don't stop the boiler, once your house is up to temp you want the boiler off to save money more than anything

Also efficient use of energy. Part L etc etc etc
Need for boiler interlock etc

yes i am gassman
Now in denial! Displacing your fear for stats using the "it's not for me, it's for a customer" line. It fools noone.

Seriously though, if you're a RGI then how come you don't know part L etc :confused:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back