TRVs - reverse flow?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

As a layman, I'm guessing that my TRVs will have to be mounted on the inflow side of my rads. However, for one particular rad, this will be a far more difficult job than mounting it at t'other end.

I've bought Drayton TRV 4 which say on the box 'reverse flow'. So two questions:

1. Assume reverse flow means it can go either end?

2. But even if it can, can putting it on the outflow end really control the radiator temperature as well as at inflow end? Seems illogical to me....

Many thanks,
Mike.

Sponsored Links
Fitting the TRV on the 'return' pipe rather than the 'flow' has one main benefit , and that is it will not close to quickly than when installed on the flow pipe. This is because when trv's are installed on flow pipes they pick up the heat from the hot water entering the radiator, unless installed horizontally.

In my experience older TRVs (Belmont) can knock if reversed. I had an instance where it was loud enough to wake the occupant. :(

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back