TS400 alarm : How to change battery ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am being driven totally mad by the fact that the tamper light and internal sounder keep coming on in my TS400 alarm system when nothing at all has happened. It appears to be otherwise in normal working order. Someone suggested it might need the batery changing. How do I do this ? [I am not goood a DIY and would need step by step instructions !!]

Sponsored Links
I am being driven totally mad by the fact that the tamper light and internal sounder keep coming on in my TS400 alarm system when nothing at all has happened. It appears to be otherwise in normal working order. Someone suggested it might need the batery changing. How do I do this ? [I am not goood a DIY and would need step by step instructions !!]
First off, I doubt very much if the problem is the battery.
"It's the battery" seems to be the favourite cause of any problem with an alarm system especially from someone who has no real idea.

TS 400 - Tamp Indicator LED
This red LED is used to indicate a system tamper alarm, it also flashes when the engineer program mode is selected.

Guessing here, have you had anything done in the house lately? New carpet, building work, decorating etc, I bet something has been damaged or disturbed.

As you freely admit you are no DIYer I strongly suggest you get a local alarm company in to trace the problem.

guessing ? you`ve been shown before how this panel activates tamper when the battery is dead and any pukka alarm firm would know that batteries are the most commanly changed item anyway

O/P - get a local firm round to service the system if you dont have the confidance - it isnt a saving if you kill someone

guessing ? you`ve been shown before how this panel activates tamper when the battery is dead and any pukka alarm firm would know that batteries are the most commanly changed item anyway

O/P - get a local firm round to service the system if you dont have the confidance - it isnt a saving if you kill someone

It will give spurious zone activations long before the tamper lets go. Why don't you stick to talking about something that you understand (pretty much nothing).

The OP problem is most likely the bellbox tamper. Link out Ov and TR and you'll get no further trouble. When you are happy that that is the cure - get a new bellbox.

Sponsored Links

It will give spurious zone activations long before the tamper lets go. Why don't you stick to talking about something that you understand (pretty much nothing).

The OP problem is most likely the bellbox tamper. Link out Ov and TR and you'll get no further trouble. When you are happy that that is the cure - get a new bellbox.

your childish abuse aside ( i had to type that very carefully)

how do you know the person who said it needs a new battery hadnt actually tested the battery ?

you dont

also - it WOULDNT give "spurious zone activations long before.." why do you think it would ? and what part of that a control panel component failure IS a tamper situation and indicated by the panel as designed do you fail to understand

fact is we complile false alarm stats - you dont

fact is dead batteries outweigh faulty switches by in excess of 50 to 1

fact is YOU know nothing but dont hesitate to prove it

Joe......
Bickering apart... this is a serious question and not intended to be offensive.
Why are you so abrasive with other guys an this forum..

We may not be Experts but we do try to help..

Cheers

You'll find that it's not me - but Saxondale, atilla, Barsteward - who are either Saxo clones or some other hangers on. Go back through the forum posts and see where the abuse starts. Why should I put up with it?

I assume the TS400 you mention is a Menvier TS400. I have one installed by Homeguard Security in Leeds. 0800 281 462. They have engineers all over the country. I have number of an engineer in Mansfield, Nottinghamshire who works for Homeguard if you need it as it will be cheaper than phoning Homeguard direct. He has just replaced the battery in mine. they only last for about 4 years then need replacing. Also had a new bellbox. Total cost £147.00. if I had phoned him direct then it would have been £95.00. Had this system 12 years and this is the first time i've spent money on it. Very reliable alarm I would say !! You can also download the manual for this from the website if you need it....http://www.homeguardsecurity.co.uk/alarms_premier.shtm

I have one of these control panels and this weekend the tamper alarm went off spontaneously and would not reset with code. The only way I could silence the thing was to disconnect the battery. The tamper alarm should only go off if you tamper with the system i.e., remove the front of the control panel, take the alarm bell off the wall or cut the wire to it. I came to this post and was discouraged by the rudeness of some of the contributors but I thought changing the battery may be worthwhile and it indeed was and cured the problem which was the original question posed by the initiator of this thread.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back