Tube latches on internal doors.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

Im installing a mixture of new doors. (760mm and 680mm). Which tube locks should i be looking at - 64mm or 80mm. Im installing door handles? and think that the 64mm works best with the narrow doors but should i go to 80mm for the wider doors?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Are you having any fire doors with deep rebate/stop? They need a big backset or you will catch your knuckles.

No fire doors. by the rebates if its what im thinking (wall construction and thickness?) they are standard blockwalls with dot and dab giving me a 105mm rebate.

Thanks

ipjodan said:
Im installing door handles? and think that the 64mm works best with the narrow doors but should i go to 80mm for the wider doors?
I think you just answer your own question ;)

Temporary taped the door handle and see what it look like etc

Sponsored Links
Cheers mason, defo gone for 64mm on the narrow door - looks good, about to do a wider door and think i'll go for the 64mm to looks best in my book. Its took me years to persuede the wife to change from knobs to handles.

I was waiting for the jokes!!! :LOL:

My problem with the knobs was i could'nt get my sausage fingers around them :LOL:

arfph arfph

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back