Tumble dryer and cooker hood into chimney...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Am planning to vent both appliances into the existing range space/chimney in the kitchen, but have a few questions. (And this assumes that the chimney has a good updraught for effective venting):

The tumble dryer will be sited on floor level so will need to go into the chimney vertically. This has made me consider a few things that I want to avoid; a) condensation running back down b) draughts pushing back; c) any soot/dirt which may happen to fall down.

Should I have some form of u-bend in the flexi hose to catch any condensation should it happen? What about some form of cowl/elbow joint/roof vent at the top of the vertical section (ie within the chimney) to prevent falling soot entering? What about a grill at some point too?

Anyone done this before?

Sponsored Links
I would not have thought it feasible to vent a tumble drier into a chimney, you could possibly be causing yourself problems for the future with condensation forming mould & possibly penetrating damp. If you are talking about running a flexi pipe from the drier to the exit terminal of the chimney then I doubt the fan would be strong enough for that length of pipe.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back