Tumble dryer issue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a white knight dryer (non condensing).
Up until recantly it was worked flawlessly, tho now the heating part has stopped working.
First question, are parts easy to find and cheap.
Secondly, is it worth reparing or just buy new.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
The parts are easy to source but firstly have you pressed the red reset button on the back panel to make sure it wasnt just that? If it was check the vent hose isnt blocked . The parts are very easy to source and quite cheap but the element can be a fiddle to fit if your not used to it.

I have had a similar problem with a hoover tumble dryer. first thing to do if it's a condensing dryer is to remove the condensing element and make sure it's clean.

I did this to mine and it was covered with fluff. i now do this evey few months as it keeps it working more efficiently.

if it's still not working then check the element. it is a fiddle to take out but you can usually see if it has failed as the element winding wire will have split or broken. espares have the elements just type in the make and model number. the part will be about £30-£50. but depends on the model.

As long as you are able to wire a plug then you can change over an element, just make sure you unplug the unit first as you will get a nasty shock if you don't ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back