Turf - where to get it?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, in the process of overhauling my back garden. Have decide to lay some turf, was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for online suppliers they'd used? a better bet than B&Q etc?

Sponsored Links
local nurseries are the best you can inspect it and check its condition and pick the best rolls. I wouldnt touch b & q for turf probably been there a while and half dead!!!

b&q where I am, the turf only stays in the store for a day, its about 30p cheaper than the nurserys.
But if you find a nursery thats has stuff thats 3 / 4 days old they may sell it cheaper, ours does.
Its bloody difficult to kill grass.
b&q or nursery gets whats easy & cheap.

dependant on where you are avon turf farm in stonehouse is £1.65 inc vat per square meter

they sell top quality turf to the trade and consumer

Sponsored Links
I agree that B&Q move their turf pretty quickly, and sell it off cheaply if move than a couple of days old.

It soon loses its greeness and dries out quickly, hence they want it to shift.

If left to dry out, it quicly kills the grass.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back