Turning a cooker feed into a maini ring?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

I have been called into my fathers to sort out some 13Amp sockets for his kitchen.

At the end of the kitchen by the cooker (Gas) there is no power but for a 25Amp 4mm2 Spur from the MCU.

As this is not used for the cooker is it possible to turn this into a mini ring, powering two 13Amp Sockets and an extractor fan?

Or indeed is a mini ring the best way to do this?

Thanks

Dave

Sponsored Links
If it is 4mm² it is more viable to turn it into a 30A/32A radial (depending on cable run from CU). Extractor fan will need fed from a FSU. Also, please note that this work is notifiable to LABC under part p (England+Wales).

just leave the 25A breaker in place and connect the sockets and fcu for the fan in a chain to the end using more 4mm cable.

you can use a 32A breaker on 4mm but its borderline and i don't think there will be any need for the extra current.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back