TV Installation Above Wood Burning Stove

my BiL have a stove-top fan, and he swears it blows less warm air than a yawning cat.

Sponsored Links
I love wood burners and open fires,
So do I. I always make sure there’s a wood burner when we rent cottages in the peaks. Trouble is, we don’t even have a chimney in our house. :( This is the best I can get - a flickering fire on the telly complete with crackling burning sound. Great to read a book to!

EC6FD82B-230B-4155-B5CF-9DA45D934778.jpeg

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
I have fond memories of toasting bread on the open coal fire as a kid.
Yeah, as a kid in a house with no central heating, I was sometimes allowed to light the fire. I used to love 'drawing' the fire by covering the fireplace with a large, open, newspaper. The suction/rushing air would really make the fire roar. My dad had a job at Beckton gas works and they used a special type of coal that really burnt fiercely. One day when he jacked the job in, he tipped a whole lorry load of it in our street and all the neighbours were out filling their coal sheds. It burned really hot and you practically had to sit on the other side of the room otherwise your hair would start smoking!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back