TV Scart connections

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I will be amazed, and delighted, if anyone can help with this one. (My local TV shop seems unable.)

I have a Phillips 32PW9617 TV with 4 external scart sockets. They accept: 1. CVBS & RGB. 2. CVBS Y/C & RGB 3. CVBS. 4. CVBS.

I also have a Humax PVR 9200T, a Phillips 610 DVD, and a Panasonic NV-HV60EB VCR. All the latter have two scart sockets, (In & out).

The main TV aerial input is connected to the Humax.

I have tried every combination of connecting and looping through with the scart cables, except, clearly, the correct one. Is there a genius out there who knows how I should connect this system together which will allow me to use all the ancillaries normally as though they were individually connected to the TV.

Apologies for the complicated request.

Sponsored Links
What happens when you connect them i.e. the PVR to 1, the DVD to 2, the VCR to 3 using all pin connected scart leads?

try this

aerial in to humax out to video then out of video to tv

scart leads

humax tv out to tv and another from rec out to video in

scart lead from video tv out to tv in

and another from dvd to tv (assuming that the dvd is play only)

if the dvd is a recorder let me know and i will have another think

Thanks guys, I'll try both suggestions. The DVD is a recorder. Sureitsoff I'm not sure what you mean by "and another from rec out to video in "

Regards

Sponsored Links
Thanks guys, I'll try both suggestions. The DVD is a recorder. Sureitsoff I'm not sure what you mean by "and another from rec out to video in "

Regards

the scart socket on the humax that is not going to the tv gets connected to the video (or as i now know that the dvd is a recorder you could use that instead) to enable the dvd (or video to record)

to get the video back into the scenario is akward so do as i do and just use it to watch your old tapes by connecting it direct to the tv

Thanks very much, I'll try that, but I am disappointed if there is no way to leave them permanantly connected, not only because access to fit the scarts is limited.

When I only had two externals, VCR & DVD recorder, they worked OK, but since getting the HUmax - (the best bit of media kit I've ever had) - I am unable to use all three normally.

I'll post any results in a day or two, as fitting out our en-suite b'room has priority - or so she tells me!

Cheers

Thanks again guys, I've got that and will check it out, and post results. Halfway through plumbing the new shower in at present.

regards

Maybe you have a faulty scart conroller on you tv...

Perhaps if you can Identify one working Scart socket on your TV, then use a Scart MultiWay Switch box.... 4 into 1 kind of thing.....

You can normally pick them up from Argos/Currys or the DIY sheds....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back