Twin and earth cable price & Electricity certificate

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The trouble is if you don't agree a price first you leave yourself open to price abuse and there's not much you can do about it.

Yes I agree. It taught me a lessen. Always get a quote on paperwork before get an electrician in the house.

Why was he doing anything to or with the tails? What work did you have done? I wonder if he was installing/upgrading main bonding (note the earth clamp), which would explain the use of 16mm²...

The description of the work on invoice is: "Wiring bathroom lights shower sockets earth bonding and removing old circuits."

You should have received an electrical certificate, and by now you should have received a Building Regulations completion cert from the council.

The job is not finished until he has issued a certificate, so consider if you want to pay him before he has finished. Some (all??) registration schemes forbid their members from witholding certificates until they've been paid - which one is he a member of?

I didn't receive anything listed above and he didn't mention it at all. I asked once about the certificate but no reply. He is member of NICEIC (not sure if the spelling is correct).

Thanks a lot![/QUOTE]

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back