twin Potterton controllers to a single 3 channel Wiser controller

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Happy Christmas to all. Hope it’s an enjoyable one despite the circumstances of 2020. May 2021 be a more normal year for us all.

I’ve moved into a house with two Potterton boilers, each with its own controller. One boiler is for the upstairs rads and the hot water and the other is for the downstairs rads. I want to replace the existing controllers (EP2002 for the HW and upstairs CH and EP1 for the downstairs CH) with a single Wiser 3 channel controller. I’m comfortable with the wiring changes needed to make it all work but am looking for advice on how to physically achieve it. The two controllers are about a foot apart and each has a quite a few wires and connections behind it.

Any suggestions on how to enclose all this? I’ve thought about two wiring centres in lieu of the two existing back plates and then two multicore flexes to the Wiser backplate. Any advice appreciated.

Sponsored Links
The EP 2002 was popular as it doubled up as a wiring cenre as well as a programmer so you will need a wiring centre of sorts , the existing wires in B&C and the Neutral bank will all need to be joined in individual terminals in the new wiring centre

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back