Two boilers in multi zone setup

The idea for two smaller boilers is, that for most of the year and hot water only mode, one smaller more economical boiler will be plenty, with the second boiler cutting in or programmed for peak demand.

You need to connect both boilers to a low loss header system, then feed the cylinder and various zones from there.

If you want to send me a brief description of the work, I will knock you up a rough drawing.

emails in my profile

Sponsored Links
The Honeywell Hometronic system has significantly more intelligence than a system using simple zone valves.

Honeywell were making zone valves before most of us were born but the clever features of Hometronic are in the networking and control software, which has a had a small fortune spent on making it the cleverest domestic heating control there is.

It is designed to save energy and improve comfort, and will work in conjunction with new and old boilers, including most of those fitted with WC.

If you have a larger, lossy house (insulation wise) you must be able to afford it. If you have a few £M you could design your own, but otherwise a home brew will be a very poor imitation.

We fit lots of them (6 systems in the last 8 weeks in Surrey alone) and they do what they claim. Energy prices the way they are, if you have a poorly insulated reasonably sized pile do not dismiss it.

Further info is on the UK distributors web site, www.sensibleheat.co.uk.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back