Two books

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm out of touch with the regs. I've got a copy but they are 12 years old. Does anyone know where I can get updates from?

Also, I can get 2 books from Amazon for £35.

One is:

IEE on Site Guide (BS 7671: 2001 16th Edition Wiring Regulations Including Amendment 2: 2002) (Iee Wiring Regulations Brown) by Institution of Electrical Engineers

The other:

Electrician's Guide to the Building Regulations (Approved Document P, Electrical Safety in Dwellings) (Paperback - Jan 2005)

I'm not a Spark, but my main job (renovate houses) means I come into constant contact with electrics.

I leave the CU/Testing to a spark, but the rest I do myself.

Do you think that these publications would suit my needs?

Sponsored Links
Would you recommend them Adam? Or are there better publications for my needs? (special needs :cry: )

joe-90 said:
Would you recommend them Adam? Or are there better publications for my needs? (special needs :cry: )

The on site guide is recommendations on the BS7671, I would recommend to have it but pay attention that the latest version includs amendments 1 : 2002 and 2 : 2004
I think that Electricians guide to the building regulations is an excellent book, note that the latest version was printed in 2006.
You can get them from the IET (what was the IEE www.theiet.org).

The BS7671. which is the regulations book is very expensive, you can get from AMICUS a small book that will summarise the regulations, it costs about £7 including delivery (instaed of about £57 for the regulations book).

Sponsored Links
joe, it might be worth waiting a little longer till all this 17th is sorted out.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back