Two lanes into one

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
How come we brits are so sh*t at some things.

Two lanes of traffic merging into one ... Simple?

One after the other no problem ... Well, yes, until the moron from outer space decides to stick on the rear bumper of the car in front and won't let anyone in.

Why do they do that?

Never a problem anywhere else I've driven in Europe ... Just here it seems. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
probaly comes from when the m1 was 3 lanes going into 2 at jnc8, tailback every day

I never let anyone in who has tried to jump hundreds of yards of traffic by driving down the outside lane when everyone else is slotting in in good time ;)

But ... If everyone went one behind the other at the point the two lanes become one there is never any holdup.

Traffic problems only start when people do a ricicle ;)

Never a problem anywhere else ... Just a British thing I'm sorry to say.

Sponsored Links
Two lanes of traffic merging into one ... Simple?

Where there are 2 lanes of traffic and 'merging' signs people here generally follow the advice. There is one major road here where there are no merging signs and impatient drivers try to force their way in after overtaking queuing traffic. It seems to be an unwritten rule because if someone does give way to the driver in a hurry they are subjected to a blaring of horns from behind. I know because I'm always on the receiving end of the horn lambasting.

What about the trucks that pull out into the outside lane and try to stop traffic?

I saw one pulled over by the police a few weeks back for doing just that and, to be fair, I think he deserved it as its not his place to try and police other road users and what he was doing was dangerous.

What about the trucks that pull out into the outside lane and try to stop traffic?

I saw one pulled over by the police a few weeks back for doing just that and, to be fair, I think he deserved it as its not his place to try and police other road users and what he was doing was dangerous.

Car drivers straddle lanes too!

I never let anyone in who has tried to jump hundreds of yards of traffic by driving down the outside lane when everyone else is slotting in in good time ;)

I used to have this mentality until one day it dawned on me that if everyone got out of the second lane "in good time", there would be an even bigger hold up than if drivers used the second lane until the end of it, then merged.

I let at least one car in front of me in these situations. If everybody did this, it would work.

Car drivers straddle lanes too!

i love this on a dual carriageway.

wait until there is a right turn slip in the central reservation and blast past him/her whilst simultaneously giving a cheery finger.

on a motorway its harder but ive squeezed past a few on the central reservation in the van....my cars too low to get over the kerbs

Do you consider this behaviour dangerous at all?
in the scheme of things, no I don`t .....because down here in God`s waiting room...in just the last 2 days I`ve followed 2 dangerous old ****s who should be banned like the other myopic fossils that cause 30 car tailbacks @ 35mph. and drive straight over give way lines without even turning their tortoise like necks to look for traffic ..And a friend is in hospital as a result of one of these ..(smashd.on the coast road @ hooe.. :evil: )They , and Argos 7ton delivery "drivers"/monkeys....are the real problem and the Old Bill should wise up to the number of accidents caused by them

I always let them in otherwise road rage, it's not worth it, now thinking about it, the queue jumpers are not breaking the law are they?

Far Canal, Masona, you`re a Gent, from Essex too :eek:

Fair enough if you want your wing pranged

Sponsored Links
Back