Two Lights controlled from 2 gang 2 way switch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, newbie here with a question.

I have a wall mounted 2Gang 2Way switch and I want one switch to operate the ceiling light and the other to operate the wall light.

It is a new install so both light are on a loop system. I'm just not sure how to wire it to the light switch. Help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
it should be possible to identify the two seperate switches from looking at the back panel (generally the terminals for each individual switch are in a triangle). One you've done that just treat as two seperate switches.

Or just use your multimeter on continuity setting across the switch terminals until you've worked out which are which.

Hi, thanks for the replies.

So i checked and there is the common, L1 & L2 triangles on the switch plate. So is it a question of Brown to each common and Blue (Switch Cable) to each L1? Using new colour cables.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
asuming brown is the live feed then yes, but you should mark the blue with brown (or red) tape to indicate it is switched live

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back