Two more bite the dust

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
One of each party persuasion falls on their taxpayer-purchased swords: clicky.

Good.

But I can't shake the feeling that there are behind-the-scenes negotiations going on to avoid prosecution....

Sponsored Links
I'm getting rather saddened by all this. We are now at the stage the Spanish Inquisition where guilty is the only answer accepted. The Tory woman had some reasonable points to make about childcare and using a family member but the reply is "burn the witch, burn the witch, burn the witch"

kinda reminds me of the attacks on that pediatrician womans house a few years back..we really are but a newspaper headline away from savagery

The Tory woman had some reasonable points to make about childcare and using a family member

She should have given that some serious thought BEFORE taking the job, she knew what it entailed.

We need a general Election SOON and I think there will be a clear out of about 70% of the shysters who claim to represent us now. There will still be some muggins who vote for the tea-leafs who are brass-necked enough to stand again.

Where else do you get employees (because that is all they are) deciding what pay and pensions they are to receive then robbing the boss blind at the same time.

The Tory woman knew her husband was on the fiddle and that she would have gained financially from his crimes. They both had to go and should both be prosecuted.

Sponsored Links
The Tory woman had some reasonable points to make about childcare and using a family member

As Jeremy Clarkson said .............

"The last time someone was this wrong, he was called Neville Chamberlain and he had a piece of paper in his hand."

But I can't shake the feeling that there are behind-the-scenes negotiations going on to avoid prosecution....

Makes you feel kinda sick doesn't it. Especially when you think that 'small' people are pursued by tax inspectors for every pound and penny that they may owe.

She should have given that some serious thought BEFORE taking the job, she knew what it entailed..

Thought about what exactly? Are you saying we should sterilise women who want to enter politics..

Makes you feel kinda sick doesn't it. Especially when you think that 'small' people are pursued by tax inspectors for every pound and penny that they may owe.

Not in the slightest. Those who have been caught were playing the game. The rules were not made by these specific individuals, rather they had grown organically with the supposed inequality between MP pay and the public sector. Thus MP's were positively encouraged to 'fiddle' in order to gain parity. The fees office would suggest ways of boosting income. so would the party elders. However their main error was to be honest when claiming. The smarter one's would credit the claim as a listed claim only those less streetwise would put down 'duck island'

That said the fees office rarely refused these claims so it meant there was little incentive to lie about what the claim was actually for.

We all fiddle exactly what we can get away with. Nicking is rife in the workplace. Why would you expect them to be different and why would anyone expect their replacements to fare better.craftier maybe but better?-I rather doubt it.

The Tory woman knew her husband was on the fiddle and that she would have gained financially from his crimes. They both had to go and should both be prosecuted.

I believe this cross second homeing was actually suggested to them that this is what they do..so who is really to blame?

They all knew what they were doing, and if they didn't, they are too thick to be an MP.

the crocodile tears are getting on my wick, my opinion on them chucking it is because they realise their gravy train has crashed as they wont be able to fleece us out of thousands in top up to their salary so they are now saying they cant take the stress, rather than say "stuff it if the fiddle is stopping i'm out of here"

Vote for B-A-S for prime minister and then we can be assured that he will make everyone stick rigidly to every single law there is.

Might get a bit tedious at question time though, with all the multiple quoting, and repetition. :rolleyes:

Unfortunately for them the phrase "It was within the rules" doesn't wash with the public any more. For me, the issue was not was it allowed to be claimed but rather was it morally right to claim. The fees office had a set of rules to follow which they did, but there appears to be no one who was there to say that even though allowable by a strict interpretation of the rules, it just wasn't morally justifiable.

That there should ever have been a scintilla of doubt as to the thieving from the public purse I find amazing.

Most people at the very least suspected them of thieving; they knew the populace suspected and have spent the last few years - and many £ks of our money in the process - trying to disguise the goings-on.

For once, journalism has provided information that is legitimately in the public interest.

Sponsored Links
Back