Two storey extension

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have completed the Two storey extension drawings for my house. the floor plans and all the elevations, for both the existing and the proposed using google ketchup 8. All is left is to import or integrate the site location plan and the block plan. my questions are:-
  1. which format shall I buy the two plans (site location plan and the block plan)? pdf, dwg
  2. how can I import them or integrate them into google ketchup 8 or Layout 3?
once I am able to achieve the above, I will be able to apply for planning permission

Sponsored Links
The 'location plan' and 'block plan' are one and the same thing. Do you mean a site plan, which is usually 1:200 or 1:500, and the location plan (aka block plan),
which is usually 1:1250.
You can buy them off the internet, scan them and attach them to your application.

You can import .dwg files and edit them. Or import as a bitmap.

Btw, are you using ketchup on an HP laptop? The two don't usually go together.

Tony, yes I meant site plan which is normally 1:1250 and location plan which is 1:500, these are the sizes that acceptable by the council as per planning portal . do you mean submit them a s separate pages or do they have to be super imposed on the floor and elevation drawings.

Sponsored Links
Tony, yes I meant site plan which is normally 1:1250 and location plan which is 1:500, these are the sizes that acceptable by the council as per planning portal . do you mean submit them a s separate pages or do they have to be super imposed on the floor and elevation drawings.

Location and block plans are really just to show where the site is and what buildings are around it.

You can buy them as pdf's and just send them in as separate plans, they have the facility to draw the red boundary line when you buy it. Usually about £12 for a pdf.

I usually get the .dwg version (make sure that works with your CAD system or get the correct format) 1 hectare is about £23 you can make the location and block plan from that, either as a separate plan or a small location plan in the corner of your larger planning drawing. You do not need to superimpose it on your floor plans although it can be useful to show the boundaries in context especially with a 2 storey extension.

whether I submit them as a separate plan or a small location plan in the corner of my larger planning drawing, I still need to be able to edit them so that I add the proposed extension to on the block plan (1:500). Can .dwg format be imported/edited by google sketchup 8 or layout 3? can someone please email or load a .dwg so that I can experiment with it.

whether I submit them as a separate plan or a small location plan in the corner of my larger planning drawing, I still need to be able to edit them so that I add the proposed extension to on the block plan (1:500). Can .dwg format be imported/edited by google sketchup 8 or layout 3? can someone please email or load a .dwg so that I can experiment with it.

I just buy them as a word document. Print out, draw on the small rectangle of proposed extension, then scan. Takes 15 mins and saves all those non compatible file issues.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back