two way lighting

jkp

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Replaced my one way light switch in my bedroom with two ,two way switches ..when I wired them up using the three core and earth cable, I can turn them on and off ,but not independently..any ideas? please..

Sponsored Links
Look in th for ref section at the top of the forum.

Plenty of good diagrams there.

Sponsored Links
Sorry To be so slow ..still trying to work out how I can turn the light on at the bottom,then cant turn it off at the top .. but when i put the switch back to off at the bottom I can turn them on at the top ?? Sparky I am not .. I have wired both switches as per the diagram..Brown to common,Black to L1,grey to L2

Is this 3 core cable new?How was it all connected up before?Was it just one-way?

Sarah

jkp said:
Sorry To be so slow ..still trying to work out how I can turn the light on at the bottom,then cant turn it off at the top .. but when i put the switch back to off at the bottom I can turn them on at the top ?? Sparky I am not .. I have wired both switches as per the diagram..Brown to common,Black to L1,grey to L2
Look this is obviously totally beyond your capabilities, please get someone who knows what they are doing before you either kill yourself or burn the house down!!!

So you have done that with both switches??

What terminals have you put the actual switch drop cable to? The cable that originally operated as one way??

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back