U-fit UPVC Windows - Anyone Used Them?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone have any first hand experience with www.u-fit.co.uk, good or bad? Have some windows to replace (notified as part of full plans buildings regs application for my house extension) and they do appear to tick all the boxes for features I want, inc 28mm Pilkington K glazed units. Just curious why they are way cheaper than anyone else!

Sponsored Links
Hmm interesting, I have not tried but looks interesting since I am after replacing a window myself.

They only appear to offer one style of frosted/patterned glass though :confused:

All DG unit manufacturers will tick the required BC regulation requirement boxes, it’s the fittings & construction quality you should be concentrating on; you really need to look at them & compare quality before you buy. Apart for from going all the way to the factory (too far), they were unable to offer assistance when I wanted to inspect the product.

In the end, I had Rehau units installed; way more expensive but quality is good & I believe you generally get what you pay for!

Can any one remember the tv program the armstrongs. that was the people who own u fit. it was a documentary on them running their business and trying to set up businesses in addition to this dumb and dumber spring to mind.

Sponsored Links
Oh yes I remember those. Didn't they have a factory in Coventry or somewhere in the midlands.
He was a right horrible little s**t, reminds me a lot of my boss!

way more expensive but quality is good & I believe you generally get what you pay for!

Very true indeed, I am looking into some other alternatives, can't be bothered with 'cheap' stuff (by 'cheap' I don't just mean low price ;) )

I fitted 3 of their windows in my last place (victorian terrace) and about 6 months ago I replaced all 12 windows in my semi with U-Fit stuff.

They're made with Synseal shield frames so the Synseal Website has all the specs. I would definately recommend them and use them again. Both times they've delivered exactly what I ordered, on time and together with plenty of fixings, silicon etc and cheapest by far. They're also internally beaded, unlike some other online window suppliers.

The only thing that might go against them is that the frames aren't reinforced - some windows have galvanised box section steel inside th eplastic profile, U-Fit miss this out. That said, PVC Windows aren't load bearing once screwed up don't move any more than frames I've seen with reinforcing. One tip - I tried phoning up to order but the prices were higher than online - stick with online ordering with fixed prices.

cheers,
T.

this may be a little to late,but never mind.

i've fitted a lot of doors (not so many windows) supplied by armstrongs (u-fit) and can honestly say hell would freeze over before i would put one in my house,i've never known a profile so hard to bead,but,to be fair,the windows didn't seem as hard as the doors.if you want cheap doors & windows take a look at ebay and type in evershine,by far the cheapest in this part of the midlands,don't know about delivery though,but you can always ask. they use halo 7.0 profile from selecta, internally beaded.problem is though i don't think they have a website,

I'm glad i managed to post an update before anyone else,imagine my horror when i realised my mistake. the profile evershine use not halo,it is in fact advance 70 made by selecta,sorry for the miss-information.

Selecta! Have you seen their beads? More floppy than paper!

I manufacture Shield but use the easier type of bead to glaze (straight rather than the ovolo) than what U-fit use.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back