UFH manufacturer advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I was after some advice on the best choice of product for domestic underfloor heating. I have been getting quotes for Nu Heat, Upnonor and John Guest systems.

They all seem to have the same 25 year guarantees but with a fair difference in price. The John guest is the cheapest so far with Uponor the most expensive.

I understand the Uponor system has to be heated to fit and the others are flexible but thats the only difference i see so far.

I don't just want to jump on the cheapest product, Does anyone have any advice on which to go for or any to avoid?

thanks

Sponsored Links
I like the polyplumb system. The sheets of egg box stuff for laying out the pipe are easy to use and make pipe spacing and layout easy. I've not got anything against the other brands though.

I don't think the uponor pex has to be hydronically heated and would be difficult for a diyer to acheive anyway.
Over heating could lead to problems also with excessive shrinkage occuring upon cooling down and deforming intricate layouts.
If you want a simple way to leave it more pliable prior to laying then store the coils in a heated room overnight.

Rehau and unipipe (MLCP) are but two other quality systems.
The rehau pipe is very easy to lay but not cheap.

Sponsored Links
Hi,

I wasn't planning to install myself, I have three quotes from three differnt plumbing companys. Each uses a different system and the price varys by thousands rather than just a few hundred quid. Didn't want to dismiss the Uponor product as too expensive if it where considered to be far superior to the John guest of nu heat systems.

if each product is effectivly the same then it may just be an expensive plumber! :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back