UFH not reaching temps over 15degrees.

Its not a problem if it doesn't have one, manifold design and components vary.
Try to expel any air, Im afraid its not very water meter friendly but worth getting right.

Sponsored Links
You said that your loops are 15 mm and on 200 mm centres!

Clearly to me the heat output is inadequate for your property.

Its most normal to use thicker tube although thats not so relevant.

But generally 100 mm spacing gives up to 150W psm with thin ceramic tiles. Yours will be half that in theory.

But you seem to have said you have 18 mm floorboards and then 15 mm engineered wood.

So 33 mm of wood is going to seriously reduce the already too low heat output.

In a well insulated property the heat requirement in a larger room is about 100 W psm. Yours will probably need much more than that!

Who did the design? This 60 + retired engineer?

Tony

I've used spreader plates so just went to the spacing that those allow. As they are made 200mm apart. So couldn't actually decrease the spacings. I was only going on what the manufacturers had said on their garb.

But have I correctly understood that you have 33 mm of wood?

That will seriously affect the heat output.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Yeah 18mm chipboard and 15mm oak flooring. One of those zones with this exact amount of wood heats up lovely, and it's a big zone. Which is why I don't understand the no heat elsewhere. About to try and force some mains water through the zones to bleed again. Question is my water main is 7 bar pressure, I am going to want to reduce this down to about 5 bar right?

Massive massive improvement after shoving mains water through it all. Heats up so quickly now! Except for a little problem with some air being drawn into the boiler. But after bleeding the boiler, all is 100% better!!

You must have had a massive piece of somthing blocking it!

But regardless they should be balanced for the similar temperature drop, ideally about 10-15 C.

Tony

Lack of support from a supplier is most annoying.....you get what you pay for that is for sure.

10-15 degrees Tony? I always thought UFH was best around a 6 degree delta?

In this case he has a boiler flow temperature of 60 C which is blended down to 60 C.

Presumably so high because of the4 33 mm of wood on the floor.

Normal UFH flow temperature is about 40 C and of course at that temperature the boiler is well condensing. So 5-6 C differential is fine.

In this case I suggested 10-15 C to improve the boiler efficiency.

I am not very impressed by this "highly experienced" installer who would have been expected to have sorted everything out without needing to have questions posted here!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back