UFH pipes - unions.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I've had wet UFH installed in a recent extension, and I've asked the plumber to install a manifold with spare ports for future expansion, which he's duly done. The intention is that I'll (or get a firm in to do it) gun up the tiles and concrete floor in the rest of the house and lay UFH to the entire ground floor. The UFH manifold is mounted on a wall the other side of the heat source (a gas fired Rayburn) which itself is also due to be moved (330kg worth!!). I'm considering a number of strageies to get this work done..

a) Do the whole lot in one go, including moving the Rayburn
b) Move the Rayburn, then do half the house at once
c) Move the Rayburn, and do a room at a time.

options b and c made somewhat easier by using the under-the-stairs cupboard to route all the pipes to initially then use unions - above the floor level, to later connect to at a later date.

My question... Given it's bad form to use connections on UFH, are they even available to buy? I see push fit connectors for plastic plumbing, but I think that's for a different type/diameter of pipe.

The rest of the background is to get a bit of feedback if it's worth doing it piece-meal.

Nozzle

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
You should never make joints below floor level on UFH.

Perhaps push fit are available but I have never seen them.

The compression ones are very expensive and fit the odd sizes used for UFH.

I don't see any good reason why not to use standard plastic barrier pipe for UFH being its cheaper.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back