uh oh looks like damp

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Last night Wife flat mate and i made joint dicoveries of mildew growing on the wall paper in two rooms.

I live in a block of flats onthe second floor, the walls which we have found this faces the street and is exposed directly to rain. This has happened quite quickly as it was not there 2 days ago!, we have noticed a lot of condensation building up on the windows on this wall.

The Wallpaper feels a bit damp but not wet, we bough this falt 3 years ago and have been through two winters so far with no problems.

Any ideas where this could be coming from? i have looked for cracks on the outer wall but cannot find any noticable faults.

Sponsored Links
You would do well to check the condition of the pointing on the wall outside as it may have hairline cracks or become loose, both of which will hardly be noticable but will let in water. It is a good idea to use a pair of binoculars to do this and take a long , slow look all over the affected area. You don't mention if you have any airbricks or ventilation in the rooms and if you do you need to check they are not obstructed or blocked up but if not you could consider installing an extractor fan to circulate the air flow and limit the condensation.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back