UK households paying the lowest levels of Tax on Record

Labour can’t win power with policies that will rebuild this country

All Labour can do is battle against lies, gaslighting, propaganda of right wing populism

Labours current strategy is to avoid Tory traps and attacks - it leaves Tories only able to destroy themselves as they can’t push the blame onto Labour

Nothing new tis the way politics works in general election times
Tis the way it has always been

Opposition parties do well to be economical with the actual alletere

Any political
Opposition party if they are shrewd and clued up would be advised to adopt the mushroom policy

The Tory’s will (?) go into opposition
Probably get a new leader and than do the same in 5 / 10 years time

All this hatred from previous x Tory votors ??

Transam has voted in 3 general elections

Ounce for Michael foot
Twice for Neil kinnock

Never bothered since

Rumour has it that some people actually pay money to join a political party

Yes exactly :ROFLMAO:

Sponsored Links
And now the figure is......0, zero, none, zip, de nada... so your point was to swap a system that mostly worked for absolutely nothing...
The UK's asylum system has always been broken. It doesn't work now, and it didn't work then.
This Tory government knew it wasn't fit for purpose since 2012.
The asylum system is still not "fit for purpose", according to an independent report.

Yet it's defunded it even further and made it even worse:
Across the political spectrum, people agree that the current system is not fit for purpose – it is unfair, unethical, inefficient and cruel.
The Nationalities and Borders Act has introduced a two-tier system that disadvantages those who arrive on irregular routes

One of the best out comes in this general election imho is that the SNP do well

Increase there seats and wipe out all opposition parties ???

Refusing them a referendum after that will be difficult imo ??

Sponsored Links
Nothing new tis the way politics works in general election times
Tis the way it has always been

Opposition parties do well to be economical with the actual alletere

Any political
Opposition party if they are shrewd and clued up would be advised to adopt the mushroom policy

The Tory’s will (?) go into opposition
Probably get a new leader and than do the same in 5 / 10 years time

All this hatred from previous x Tory votors ??

Transam has voted in 3 general elections

Ounce for Michael foot
Twice for Neil kinnock

Never bothered since

Rumour has it that some people actually pay money to join a political party

Yes exactly :ROFLMAO:
Michael Foot, gosh that’s a long way back, If that was 83 I was 17 then

Michael Foot, gosh that’s a long way back, If that was 83 I was 17 then

yep michael foot quite liked the bloke at the time . came across as a decent boke great orator rarely used notes when he gave a speech afai recall

he got destroyed by the press (?)

had a nephew Paul Foot political journalist , often appeared on telly

I am of the belief that the main stream partys and there leaders do not set out to ruin peoples lives its not a deliberate act

they may do so , by mistake mis-calculation or what ever ?? but its not deliberate,

in the states

the exception to this is probably trump ?? who if he gets elected in will be spending 5 years seeking vengence on those he considers have damaged him ?????????????

Blair period was a far better period for the UK than the Tory period since or before
Yeah, they dealt really well with that pandemic, lockdowns, world recession and European war than this current lot did. Oh, wait….

He can't do any worse - look at the state of the economy.

What has he flipped flopped on - have you seen the Tories lies and backtracks.

What needs to be done?

You have the answers - please share them.

I don’t have a problem with politicians changing directions BUT the UK needs a strong leader who is willing to make difficult and hard decisions and stick to them.

The Conservative plan to levy an extra NI levy on everyone including pensioners made a lot of sense. I would also reduce the upper rate tax band for pensioners so any extras they get, they pay for.

I would also increase the minimum number of hours people have to work before they can claim UC and allow claimants the ability to do some overtime without any clawback.

Another change I would make would be a serious clampdown on people claiming to be self employed but do the same job for the same employer for years. This would net tax up front and employers NI.

Keir Starmer will be like a poor rabbit caught in the headlights on a motorway, and we will continue to suffer. He’s trying his best to keep factions of the Labour Party happy, but as soon as he’s PM it’s all going to crumble.

Social media will have them for breakfast

Blair and Brown got away with lots because of the strong growing economy - Starmer won’t be in the same position AND just take off your blinkers and look around the developed world. Things are not rosy in many places around the globe

As for the next election , I am hoping for a hung parliament

UK, Germany, Italy, France exports normalised it to 2016-Q1.

from https://data.oecd.org/trade/trade-in...ndicator-chart
1696275112112.png

I wonder what effected uk's exports even before 2020?

Sponsored Links
Back