U.K. is doing well in Europe

Jeds? John? Your comment Hook, line and sinker!! The line was cast by Camoron saying a vote for UKIP is a vote for Milliband!! I haven't taken the bait! I'm capable of thinking for myself! I'm not voting for a particular party because my father did.....
OK, I apologies. I didn't really mean you specifically. The fact is that Cameron is a pest in Europe and they would like nothing more than see the back of him. Europe also knows that Cameron is the only possibility that we will get close to asking the British people the question - and they'd rather not risk that. It also knows that UKIP has zero chance of forming a government, (that is; absolutely zero) so it knows it is safe to feed them lines and, in effect, ensure a Labour government. Ms Merkel and Monsieur Hollande will be rubbing their hands with glee when Mr Bean turns up to the negotiations. And it's not that I particularly dislike Farage - I do quite like him - but the reality is that UKIP are a pressure group and nowhere close to being a serious political party. They might pick up one or two protest MPs in May but that's about it. What pis$es me off is that we've done the hard yards and we are just about to throw in the towel and give the cheque book back to Balls.

Sponsored Links
PS. I also don't particularly like the Tories. I'm well aware that they are a complete bunch of self-serving, bloodsucking bar stewards and in time I'd like to see some of them up against the wall. But we are wading in deep sh1t here and likely to be for a few years to come. Lose nerve now and we fall down a hole. Simple.

...On a calendar year basis, the net contribution by the UK government to the EU budget in 2013 was £8.6 billion, the highest it has ever been. This includes a total contribution of £13.9 billion and receipts of £5.2 billion, net outgoing £8.6 bil (2013)...

We paid in £267.3 mil per week.
We (well, some peeps here) received £100 mil per week.

Net sum of non recoverable payments paid to EU £167.3 mil per week.
Just £995.833 thousand an hour 24/7...

It is a fair bit of dosh, by any standards...

-0-

Sponsored Links
It also knows that UKIP has zero chance of forming a government, (that is; absolutely zero) so it knows it is safe to feed them lines and, in effect, ensure a Labour government.

How many MEPs did you expect UKIP to gain earlier this year?

You're probably right, though, bearing in mind that the majority of British voters these days are stupid sheeple.

On the other hand, it may not have crossed your mind that UKIP already achieved some of their objectives before they even gained a single MP: they have frightened both the Conservatives and Labour into changing their opinions and listening to the concerns of ordinary citizens; they've also all but consigned the pointless Limp Dems to history, so that can't be bad!

majority of British voters these days are stupid sheeple

I do dislike it when people insult most people in the country, and particularly when they use the word sheeple.

It's a big test for Cmoron. He has stated that we will NOT pay it, so what happens now? If he goes back on his word and pays up, he will definitely be out at the next election. But if he sticks to his word, he will have to take on those nasty Europeans who literally scare the socks off him.

• Thanks
Reactions: JBR
Cameron will huff and puff and bang his fist in front of the cameras, and slide the cheque to the EU under the table....He's an EU man, he only talks tough because his supporters are looking to UKIP

If you listened to DC's ANGRY speech at the EU what he said was he would not pay the 1.7 billion on the 1st December. He always leaves the back door open ;) Clever eh?

Just read the report again and here is a paragraph fro it

The surcharge follows an annual review of the economic performance of EU member states since 1995, which showed Britain has done better than previously thought. Elements of the black economy - such as drugs and prostitution - have been included in the calculations for the first time..

drugs and prostitution have been included fro the first time............... oooooohhhhhhhh matron

DC says he will not pay it on the 1st December........ no mention of the 1st jan.. he will pay it ...he has been told to by his boss

JBR In the main Iusually agree with you but the use of this word should get you banned!!!!

Please don't use it again else we'll have to beat you with a wet fish!!

Can't say I'm a fan of Cameron but it does present him with an opertunatey . If he can come across strong and defeat Europe on this it could very well weaken ukip's position. Why would potential voters then want to vote for a largely untested party when the party in power does what they want? Better the devil you know and all that.

Sponsored Links
Back