Unable to bleed rad

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have taken off a double rad to flush it out as one panel did not get warm.On putting it back the one that did not get warm is hot but the other panel is only hot up to halfway as i cannot bleed the panel as the bleed screw has rounded.I will try to blast it through by turning the other rads off and turning up the stat but is there any other option apart from a new radiator

Thanks

Sponsored Links
You might be lucky and get air to move but doubt it.. If you do get new rad get one with the bleed screw in the end as these can be changed if the ever round off

the bleed screw may be in a rectangular-ended plug, which is itself screwed into the radiator and can be removed.

Thanks but it looks like a screw into the rad so a new rad it will be,have you got any preferences local suppliers have some Purmo which seem the cheapest are the any good?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
If you have some vertical movement on the pipes, and some help, you can turn off the isolation valves, loosen the unions, lift and rotate the rad to the floor. Then bleed air from the loose unions before rehanging it.
Make sure all the rest of the system is free of air or you'll have to repeat this operation when the next bit of air comes through.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back