Undateables?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anybody else think this is the cheapest, nastiest version of a reality TV show yet? :evil: :evil: :evil: I stumbled upon an episode by accident. Two unfortunate souls, suffering from an inability to form complete sentences but still desperate for somebody to love, paraded in front of the cameras on a rigged 'date'.

The voice-over man wanted to see if one of them could 'hold his own' in a conversation. It rapidly became obvious that neither was going to do very well and it was absolutely painful to watch. Some might call that entertainment. I just thought it was sick. :( :( :(

Sponsored Links
The whole idea of reality TV is sick to me.

If I wanted to watch people I'd become a peeping Tom for crying out loud.

People used to get their kicks by going to mental asylums to watch the inmates perform, now they just watch ****e tv :evil:

edit:spelling

It's sad that the picture and sound quality of TVs has never been better, but the the programme quality has never been lower.

It's just TV plumbing new depths to capture falling audience numbers, partly because there are so many channels and people have different choices for their leisure time, eg. internet, Playstations, etc.

It's not new. Previous generations would have had to go to a travelling fair to see the freak shows. Now this dross is beamed into your living room - if you let it in. Plenty of these shows in the tv schedules recently. Stuff about a bloke with 10 st gonads, people getting their STDs checked (this isn't something that BT will do for you, incidentally :LOL: ), programmes about 40 st people, people with extra bits, bits missing, no bits. The list is endless.

Me and Mrs WS find that many nights there's absolutely zero worth watching. I find myself sloping off to the pub more and more. It's either that, or stay home and try to make conversation. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
It's absolutely true. There is so much 'yob TV' these days, aimed purely at the intellectually challenged. I suppose that the channels that screen these things (exclusively commercial) are interested only in making money from advertisers and to do that they need to entice shed loads of viewers with anything that will reel them in, however disgusting.

Does anybody else think this is the cheapest, nastiest version of a reality TV show yet? :evil: :evil: :evil: I stumbled upon an episode by accident. Two unfortunate souls, suffering from an inability to form complete sentences but still desperate for somebody to love, paraded in front of the cameras on a rigged 'date'.

It seems I'm the only one then, that will say they watched it and thoroughly enjoyed it.
Having never really given a thought to the difficulties these people have, let alone their love lives, I found it gave the viewer an insight to both.

I found it heartwarming.

I can't make up my mind about this. The last programme I watched featured a woman with dwarfism (sorry don't know the politically correct name) off on a date with a normal height guy.
On the one hand, quite heartwarming, on the other hand I wondered how she could let herself be rolled on as a sort of curio for the entertainment of the masses? The title of the programme doesn't help. Is it all just prurience dressed up as giving us a greater social insight?
I feel similar about programmes where people seem happy to reveal their bits and pieces gone wrong for millions to watch. How can you look the neighbours in the face after you know they have viewed your * in wide screen technicolor? Though in this case I wonder if the motivation is that they get access or speeded up access to services the NHS isn't offering.

It always comes down to the same thing.

If you don't like it ...turn the f*cker over. Simple stuff.

Sponsored Links
Back