Undateables?

Anyway, I think a lot of this complaining about bad programs harks back to the days before remote controls and people had to get off their ar$es to change the channel. Then Blue Peter showed how to make a control using a bamboo, some tape and a bottle top, and things calmed down.

There really is no need to complain nowadays. Just turn over and the viewing figures will fall and the show will be axed as it makes no economic sense to continue with it.

Sponsored Links
Anyway, I think a lot of this complaining about bad programs harks back to the days before remote controls and people had to get off their ar$es to change the channel. Then Blue Peter showed how to make a control using a bamboo, some tape and a bottle top, and things calmed down.

There really is no need to complain nowadays. Just turn over and the viewing figures will fall and the show will be axed as it makes no economic sense to continue with it.

But what are your views on the OP'S subject.????

I'm sure sensible people like us already avoid these programmes. Unfortunately, we have a surfeit of idiots in this country who continue to encourage greedy TV companies to show this rubbish.

I'm sure sensible people like us already avoid these programmes. Unfortunately, we have a surfeit of idiots in this country who continue to encourage greedy TV companies to show this rubbish.

Nonsense.

Have you even watched the programme?????

Sponsored Links
LastMagicbean said:
It seems I'm the only one then, that will say they watched it and thoroughly enjoyed it.

We may or may not have watched the same episode - and I didn't see all of it anyway. The one I watched ended with the two unfortunates going home alone and disappointed, having totally failed to communicate in a situation that's stressful enough for people with a full set of mental faculties. (My apologies if that sounds politically incorrect.)

I found myself almost screaming at the TV, "For God's sake will you please tell those two to reach across the table and touch! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: " That is after all the real language of love - and one that they could have managed. But no. The producers seemed determined to make them conform to some social 'norm' - with predictable results. :( :( :(

Whitespirit66 said:
Plenty of these shows in the tv schedules recently. Stuff about a bloke with 10 st gonads, people getting their STDs checked (this isn't something that BT will do for you, incidentally ), programmes about 40 st people, people with extra bits, bits missing, no bits. The list is endless.

Another case in point although their problems are somewhat different. In the case of Embarrassing Bodies (to name but one) you have to ask why people who should have seen their own doctors long ago are so keen to show off their mis-shapen bits to a doctor they don't know, never mind the fact that they're on TV as well! :eek: :eek: :eek: Maybe they want their ten minutes of fame - although this may also be a factor:

pineapple said:
I wonder if the motivation is that they get access or speeded up access to services the NHS isn't offering.

Another case in point although their problems are somewhat different. In the case of Embarrassing Bodies (to name but one) you have to ask why people who should have seen their own doctors long ago are so keen to show off their mis-shapen bits to a doctor they don't know, never mind the fact that they're on TV as well! :eek: :eek: :eek: Maybe they want their ten minutes of fame - although this may also be a factor:

I suspect there may be some financial incentive from the TV company.

Sponsored Links
Back