Under cabinet lights

JP

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please help.

In the kitchen running off the standard 32amp ring main I have a spur running to a fuse box with a 3 amp fuse. My extractor fan is connected to this fuse box.

Now I want to add 2 fluorescent tubes under the eye level units. These also require a 3 amp fuse. My question is.........can I connect these fluorescent lights to the 3 amp fuse box already being used to power the extractor fan?

Also,

I'm still in the Kitchen
I have run a 6mm T&E from the consumer unit (not yet connected) to a cooker switch (with socket), and from cooker switch to cooker outlet. I did this in anticipation of buying an oven and hob that would require this.

However I have now decided to keep the old oven and hob which only require a standard plug. Is it possible to still use the new outlet and if so what size fuse should it be connect to at the CU?

Hope this makes sense, any help would be very appreciated.

Cheers
JP

Sponsored Links
question 1:
i would use a seperate FCU for the lights

question 2

connect teh cooker cable to the CU with the rating u wud if it was an electric cooker. just plug the new cooker into the plug on the switch but leave the cooker 'off'

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back