Under floor heating problem

How long was the system running when you noticed the 30c temperature?

I would try it for a two hour period without the head and monitor the temperature rise.
If it happens to reach 50c turn it off.

Sponsored Links
i have been monitoring for a couple of days now and it has maintained its position on or around 30 degrees.

It is possible that some debris may have become lodged in the isolating regulating valve.

To at least make sure this is ok turn the valve fully clockwise counting the the number of turns. Then fully anticlockwise fully anticlockwise then open clockwise the number of turns you counted.

The above needs to be done with system switched on .

This may solve the problem

The other problem maybe that this valve has been balanced too low to allow enough heat into the manifold. When the weather was warmer it would have worked ok but now there is a requirement for more heat output it needs to be adjusted open a little. (if you do decide to try this only open 1/2 a turn extra as too much will cause other balancing problems

Sponsored Links
my apologies to the op, I reckon the confusion was all mine, if you take the head off the injector valve the ufh will run at max temp not min as I suggested , if its running at 30c with the head off then its in all probability the valve rather than the head or sensor.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back