Under Oven - Waste pipe behind - Help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've been fitting a kitchen in a flat and the waste pipe runs behind the units to an internal stack (there is an internal riser ). There was a free standing cooker before where I was planning an Under oven and hob (all electric).

Can I install an under oven where there is a 40mm waste pipe on the wall behind. Will it fit and is there any heat restrictions ?

Sponsored Links
No heat problems, as the oven will be controlled by a BS?
Re the other part of the question, then that depends on the size of the oven

I mostly fit Neff and they need 550mm from the front of the carcase which only leaves 20mm behind. If you can't drop the waste below the bottom of the carcases then you will have to move all the units on that wall forward and use a breakfast bar top with the post formed edge cut off the back assuming you are using laminate tops.

JAson

Thanks - looks like a free standing cooker then.

The waste is about 100 below the top of the untis so my only hope is to go under it - Can't shift it as it's a major building job.

Is there a bit of room at the top end of the oven - I notice they have a heat shield sticking out the back which dosn't go all the way up ? I could lower the oven 100- 150 and still be above the kick board.

Sponsored Links
Are you sure its a waste pipe? if its run 750mm above the floor its too high for sink, basin, shower bath etc.

Cant comment on gaps at the top of oven with out knowing what one it is, look up your oven on the makers web site and see if it gives sizes.

Jason

No, sorry - the waste pipe is lower - I'm not at the flat.
It's about 2M downstream of the sink and I've just had a look at our own sink and the waste pipe is going to be bang in the middle of any oven.

Thanks anyway.

Quick update in case anyone has this problem - I used a Baumatic under oven, This range is a little less deep than the standard - 525mm wheras most are 540mm, and I set the housing unit about 1.5cm forward so it still gets in under the normal worktop although the oven front sticks out a bit. There is a clearance of 2cm at the back in front of the waste pipe.

In any case, on looking closely at under ovens generally, they seem to have wiring running up the back- inside the outer back casing so the heat cannot be that great.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back