under-stair storage mechanism

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I would like to find plans or some suggestions about how to install a mechanism that would allow me to lift up and down the lower stairs in my wooden staircase. I want to create access to under those awkward first stairs in an original manner. The stairs are deep enough to be a catch all for things placed in it from access in the hallway. :?:

Sponsored Links
heeelllooo Pilgrims and welcome :D:D:D:D

i would not attempt to alter the stairs in any way as you will effect the rigidity and strength
you need to approach it from a different angle

:confused: It seems that there might be a project out there in the carpentry world because the idea was described to me by s.o. who had seen it being used in a friend's house. It would fit the bill so well because I know that things will get stuck in the deep shelf that would be the natural result of a standard side approach........ Do you not know of anything like it out there? The description mentioned a hydraulic system that clicked open when tripped from the banister stantion......

the job can be done but your talking low to mid hundreds dependant on what is involved
and isnt a d i y job as the structural intergrity of the stairs comes into the equation :eek: :eek:

Sponsored Links
I think your friend has been watching "The Munsters"

That was it i could not remeber. it was where Herman used to go.

munstersspot.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back