Underfelt support trays and undercloaking ??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Am in the processs of re-roofing my garage, all 4 corners had rotted away due to no tilting filet being installed and water collecting in these areas.
I have cut out the rot and re-spliced new wood, I am going to fit underfelt support trays as pictured but have some questions:

1. Do i fit the underfelt support trays as pictured below with the cement board undercloaking underneath ?
This is how the original installation was (minus the underfelt suport tray) the felt was sagging were the tilting filet should have been and the verge was mortared in with the mortar touching the fascia board.
I don't think this is correct.
IMG_20180706_163259.jpg

2. Do i fit the underfelt support tray as pictured below with the cement board undercloaking on top ?
I release i will have to make an angled wood wedge to fill the gap between support tray and verge board, this would provide a fixing point for the short piece of undercloaking too.
Also new felt under or over cement undercloaking ?

IMG_20180706_163742.jpg

Regards

Piatti

Sponsored Links
in the second picture I’d first recut that undercloak a bit neater, put your cheese in (wedge) and then see how the eaves tray looks. I’m sure the lads put the trays on top of the undercloak, albeit only a few mm onto it, not all the way towards the end.
Perhaps someone else can confirm.

We always cut and fix a dedicated wedge shaped piece of timber to the top of the rafter, to cradle the cloak at the eaves. It is chamfered from the bottom edge of the first tile batten down to the back top edge of the fascia and provides a seat for the cloak and a fillet for the plastic fascia to fix to.

There is never a neat way of doing a soffit box using plastic. All methods look a wee bit clunky.

Last edited:
Thanks for taking the time to reply,
The undercloak will be a new piece and cut neater, the photos were just to find out the correct way.
I shall make some wedges today and fix in.

New felt to go under or over the undercloak ?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back