Underfloor heating kW output

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Just moved into a flat with underfloor heating in bathroom. I reset to factory settings and now it's asking me lots of questions!

The first two seems fine the thermostat is on the outside of the room, and guess it's tiles rather then stone floor. But really unsure about the "kW output of the heating system powered by the thermostat. It's a small bathroom with a towel rack. What should I enter for this?

Sponsored Links
Is this a wet system supplied by a gas boiler?

I don't know why it would ask this but put 1 kW for each radiator in the property and that should suffice.

Tony

Hi,

I'm not sure what it is. It's a heat mat is the brand, I assumed electric. It's just in one room. In the bathroom. So one will be enough?

If it's electric, then 100W - 200W per square meter of floor area would be typical, and unless the bathroom is vast it will be substantially less than 1kW in total.

Sponsored Links
Just moved into a flat with underfloor heating in bathroom. I reset to factory settings and now it's asking me lots of questions!
What made you do that? Was there something wrong with it? If not, haven't you heard of the saying "If it ain't broke, don't fix it"?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back