Underfloor heating manifold replacement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I currently have a wirsbo manifold located aprox 25cm from floor level in a utility room cupboard.
The manifold has been a pain recently with sticking valves etc etc.
I am looking to replace it with an Uponor vario B manifold with flow indicators but i note the instructions say to mount it a minimum 300mm from floor level.
The only reason i can think of for this is to make it easy for access and install????
I will need to drop the manifold to around 20cm from floor level due to replacement of the couplings with eurocone types.
Only other option would be 18 repair couplings and lengthen the 9 loops which would, i suspect be a recipe for disaster.

Sponsored Links
The reason for the 300mm from floor level, is to allow ease of installation of pipework and reduce any stress on it.

Excellent, thanks. As the pipework is already bent with the pipe supports and in the screed then there should be no stress. Do you think it is possible to remove the old fittings without cutting back the pipe?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back