underfloor heating, what's the big deal?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I can't see what all the fuss is about, a rad on the wall isn't a problem. I must be missing the point I presume.............why does everyone want it?

Sponsored Links
It can be more efficient and cheaper to run, and it gives a more even distribution of heat throughout the room. It also frees up wall space

I have just fitted underfloor heating in a new extension and after 2 weeks running, it's fantastic!

Because of bifold doors and kitchen units, there would have only been 1 wall to put a rad and that's where furniture needs to go. It's a nice even heat everywhere in the room. It's a few quid more to fit, but if a screed floor is going down anyway, it makes a lot of sense.

While it works well in a new well insulated space, I'm not sure how it would be in an old drafty house, but in new build, I couldn't recommend it enough.

Sponsored Links
The other great advantage is that, if it is powered by a condensing boiler with weather compensation [not the UFH manufacturer's thermostatic blending valve] the boiler will be fully condensing all the time the heating is on, because the flow temperature will always be below dew point.

Underfloor heating is the best thing since sliced bread !

Wall radiators belong in a museum now ! . :mrgreen:

U.F.H. lends itself also to alternative heat sources as the temperatures required are more within the range.

it`s a ridiculous fad, won`t last long.
Yeah, it's not like they've got their origins from several hundred years BC. Piped sytems introduced around 1800AD so they've still got a while to prove themselves yet... :LOL:

I`ve attended 15 this year and had to rip up their beautiful kitchens/bathrooms.......
They were most likely installed by people with similar knowledge of the subject to yourself.

Mathew

Probably installed by kitchen fitters!! The experts in all aspects of plumbing,heating, electrics, gas fitting.
UFH installed to spec is reliable, long lasting, economical, comfortable and unobtrusive.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back