Underfloor heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I had intended to fit electric underfloor heating in my bathroom.
However, I have heard conflicting views about using it between plywood and ceramic/procelain tiles.
I would welcome your views
thanks

Sponsored Links
had no prroblems with mine in the 2 years it's been down.
using the warmup single wire system,works a treat and is lovely and warm on your feet...

I've fitted loads of the "Warm-up" under-tile heating system on ply, use 9mm marine ply, screwed at least every 12", I place a little "Gripfill" adhesive under the boards and along the joints,
always use a 2 part flexible tile adhesive and a single part flexible grout,
Remember that Bathrooms fall within "Part P" of the building regulations, therefore at the very least the curcuit powering the heating should be RCD protected and earth boning within the bathroom also,

I only had one problem with the "warm-up" system and they came out tracked down the fault, (I lifted the tile) and repaired it, and then I replaced the tile DONE, a service only available with warm-up, if it prooved to be poor installion they'd charge £90 for the repair,

hope this helps

seanikk.

Sponsored Links
You're wasting your money on marine ply - wbp is fine.
Assuming you're talking about overboarding floorboards; using 9mm ply with a 2 part adhesive is more expensive (and no better) than 12mm ply and a single part flexible adhesive.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back