Understanding floor heating controls/settings

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Hi, I have a new built house with the following floor heating manifold: https://www.robotclimate.com/media/amasty/amfile/attach/c9864db4135c6f26c6d9e41254816317.pdf
In particular, I have the "District Heating PRO manifold" (Section 3.2).
I also have district heating, and PVC floor.

I have some questions to understand how the system works so that I can regulate it properly.

1. I understand that with the B knob I can control the temperature of hot water going into the floor. For now, I set it to 35C, which means that the water will flow under the floor at that temperature. But it doesn't mean that 35C will reach the "manifold" (it will be around 65C according to my district heating provider). Correct? That would explain why the temperature gauge (F) goes beyond 35C when the heating is operating.

2. I understand that with the M knob I can control the return temperature. I always put it at the maximum (5), which means that the maximum return temperature is of 50C. However, in my short experience, it never goes beyond 25C, and actually it is stable there. I think that this is normal since the supply temperature is of 35C, correct?

3. According to the district heating provider (sorry, it is in Dutch - Section 2.1 of https://ennatuurlijk.nl/sites/default/files/2021-11/Standaard Conditions Binnen Installaties.pdf), I must supply return water with a temperature between 30 and 35 degrees . But I believe I never went above 25C... And even if I were able to reach higher temperature, should I set the knob such that it will never deliver a return above 35C? I guess this means setting the knob at level 2?

4. Is 35C temperature okay for PVC floor, or what is a good temperature?

5. What would the right return temperature be?

6. How do I turn off the floor heating (besides using the thermostat)? Do I need to set the B knob (supply water temperature) at low temperature (below 20C)? Or do I need to set the M knob (return temperature) at level 0?

7. The water pump is set at speed 1 (out of 3) with constant differential pressure. is this ok?

Thank you!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back